This beautifully refurbished two-bedroom apartment is close to Victoria Park and the canal in East London. The apartment is situated on the thirteenth floor of Puteaux House, one of the towers that make up the Cranbrook Estate, designed by renowned architects Skinner, Bailey and Lubetkin in 1955–1966. Upon entering the flat, there is a spacious hallway with newly-fitted floor-to-ceiling plywood storage. To the left is the recently refurbished modern bathroom, with natural light, and benefits from a Miele washer-dryer. Adjacent is the kitchen — featuring bespoke plywood cabinetry designed by its owners, a dishwasher, an induction hob and a fitted oven, and a compact built-in dining table. Running off the hallway is the living room and two bedrooms, each with stunning views across east London. Wooden flooring runs throughout the apartment.
– The apartment is offered part-furnished
– Available from 1 August 2022
The Cranbrook Estate is situated on the southwest corner of Victoria Park and west of Mile End Park. It is moments from the independent shops, restaurants and pubs of Victoria Park Village and a short walk from London Fields and Broadway Market. The nearby Globe Town Market Square on Roman Road offers a regular market with fresh fruit and vegetables and a fishmonger.
The nearest tube station is Bethnal Green. Cambridge Heath Overground is a 15-minute walk away, with direct services to Liverpool Street. There are also excellent bus links into central London and east London.
There are several schools rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ in the area.
In the mid-1950s, Skinner, Bailey and Lubetkin began their most ambitious project for the Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green. The devastation caused by the Second World War coupled with the existing Victorian slum housing meant providing decent homes was a pressing issue; consequently, the compulsory purchase of 17 acres of run-down land was agreed for the scheme. The Cranbrook Estate comprises six towers of varying heights, and six medium-rise blocks of flats and maisonettes, arranged geometrically and set along two diagonal axes. Berthold Lubetkin described their brick and green concrete bosses (since replaced with metal casing) as a ‘fish scale pattern’. Around the perimeter of the site, the architects placed one and two-storey houses. The bungalows fronting Roman Road were intended for elderly residents and have a communal garden with a lily pond and the bronze sculpture Blind Beggar and his Dog by Elisabeth Frink, commissioned by the council in 1958. It’s now Grade II* listed.
Note to prospective tenants
Please note, all emails are forwarded directly to the landlord.